Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A rainy sweatpants and sewing kind of day

Last night, while everyone in Knoxville was downtown watching fireworks, I stayed at home working on some things and relaxing on the couch. I feel asleep to a TV show so around 9:30, I decided to go to sleep. It was so nice to sleep long and hard. I woke up naturally around 7:30. Rain was pitter-patting on my trailer as I read and drank orange juice. I changed into some sweatpants and decided to start my day. It's labor day which means I don't have school, it's raining and what better thing to do then sew and stay inside. I had a list of what I need to make so I got started.

This was a piece I bought at a goodwill with intentions on altering it someday. It was a size 22 and I guess sort of a thing you wear over you shirt... I'm not quite sure...

I followed the tutorial here and used the useful sewing tools that Sherri gave me for graduation and made....
a cute elastic skirt! I don't have anything that matches it at the moment... but I'll figure something out. :) and it's only 11am on my wonderful relaxing labor day

What will the rest of the day have in store??

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment