Sunday, May 15, 2011

Beginnings

Well it's been over a week now since I graduated from college. At first I didn't see the significance of being graduated. It just seemed like another event and life would go on the same. Today at Kroger I ran into a girl I knew and when I told her I had graduated, she congratulated me in a very sincere way and it made me realize how big of an achievement graduating from college is.

Now a week after graduation, I have moved all of my life out of the dorms and into a three bedroom trailer that I will be living in a sharing with two other girls for a year. On Monday I will also being classes as I continue on a Johnson on the Masters program. I'm excited yet dreading it at the same time. This week of freedom of no classes and enjoying life after graduation was quick and tiring. Moving is way too energy draining and today was the only I have really enjoyed myself. Tomorrow I work at my wonderful Little Italian Kitchen all day, so today really was the only day to enjoy freedom.

I was all alone today, all day. It was nice and lonely at the same time. I unpacked, rearranged my room, started a sewing project, took a trip to Maine with the Hatcher family from the book Fudge-a-mania, made myself a first home cooked meal, bought groceries, and sat outside on my porch (isn't that cool that I can now say I have a porch?) :)

Saying goodbye to my dorm room

and hello trailer

a proud graduate with her family

setting up camp

my first meal made with food bought with my own hard working money!
Menu: rice with furikake and salad with raw veggies!
It was delicious and no better than some Sound of Music to accompany me :)

Well I really hope I can keep this up all summer to let you all know what's been going on in my life and to share somethings I have learned from growing up and being a "big girl" now!

Love,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are getting settled and enjoying at least one day off! Please keep us posted on this blog. Love you and miss you!! Mommy and Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're officially grown up now, an exciting time in life. Keep up the blog, you'll thank yourself later!

    ReplyDelete