Friday, May 20, 2011

Growing up.

For the last 21 years of my life, I've always wanted to stay a kid. Nothing in me wanted to grow up. I dreaded graduating from college and starting "real life." I always like Peter Pan and dreamed of going to never-never land so I would never have to grow up. But I remember what happened to those kids in neverland. After a while, like Wendy, they all realized that you can't stay a kid forever.

And here I am, graduated from college and starting real life and to tell the truth, I'm loving it! All the dread leading up to graduation turned out for the good. I'm loving the independence, the challenge, the freedom, the stress, and the fun. I must say, it is hard to be starting Masters classes a week after graduating and that is resulting in many frustrating and about-to-pull-my-hair-out-moments but I am surviving.

On Sunday, I went to West Towne church. The sermon was part of a series titled "The Me I want to be" and todays was about being dependent." That sermon was really interesting to me and my situation because it talked about how we need to be dependent on God. Here I am faced with my independence and freedom and it was a good reminder that I am not independent, I am dependent and always will be dependent on God and it's only by Him can I live the life I am living and try with everything I have to glorify him.

Here are some more pictures to chart my journey of independent dependence. (hmm I like how that sounds :) I should title my blog that...)


This picture appropriate documents our FIRST DAY OF MASTERS CLASS!!!
(I look so ridiculous...)

Our friend Neil came to visit!
(Ian, you should be jealous!)



Monday night went down to Pigeon Forge to see three of my classmates from High School! They were down for a choir trip. So good to see them!!

I LOVE SPINACH! My first time making mommy's famous dish of olive oil spinach and it was DELICIOUS!!!

My creation for today, olive oil cooked spinach and tomatoes with noodles :) Julia says I'll be a chef by the end of my year living in this trailer.


Well, Mommy and Daddy, your little girl has finally faced the reality of growing up and actually enjoys it. But don't ever forget that I will always be your little girl. :)

Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. be thankful your mom has taught you to cook, poor Ian wasn't so lucky!

    ReplyDelete