Saturday, August 25, 2012

First, first, first

Lately, I have had SO many first! It's quiet exciting. Each time, I think, "there will never be another first of these again." Yeah, there will be different situations but never again, the FIRST first day of school, never again my FIRST Open House, never again will I be in this exact position in life that I am. So, I am taking it all in daily, living fully, working hard, and continually reminded that I am exactly where I am supposed to be in life, doing exactly what God has prepared me to do. It's so thrilling!

I can say that I successfully completed my first week of teaching!!! Woohoo!! Don't get me wrong, it was very challending. I made so many mistakes that I am already looking forward to next year where I can correct all the bugs. But, through it all, I have the cutest, sweetest, most active 19 first graders ever. We had a four day week. Friday we had off but in the evening was the open house where the parents came and I got to speak to them about myself and our class. I told the parents that I spoke Japanese, so many of the parents were grateful and came up to me later speaking Japanese. I told the parents this was my first year teaching and they all seemed ok with it. I'm out to prove them that I can do this successfully my first year!

Today, Saturday, a huge typhoon is almost upon us so we may be out of electricity in the next few days depending on how bad it is. So, Monday their may be no school. But for now, enjoy some pictures and celebrate with me :)

 Come on in kids! Ms. Turner is excited to meet you!

 Before
 After


 Before
After

Entry to the door

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, Lovin' the blog & a glimpse into your life in Okinawa! First year teaching is like no other! And your first students will be in a special group your whole life! Hope you enjoyed the day off of school - and praying the typhoon passes quickly. Lori

    ReplyDelete